10 cosy lifestyle items to get you through the winter
Has the pandemic indefinitely changed the way you live and dress? Casual wear has become de rigueur, with pyjama and sweatpants breaking sales records this year. And, with so many working from home and spending more time inside, many homeowners are rethinking how they can make their spaces more organized, functional and relaxed.
We have entered a new age of comfort. When the outside world seems daunting, we want our homes to be a source of solace, our clothes to be unrestrictive and unapologetic. As the winter bears down on us and restrictions change weekly, sheltering in place should be a time to slow down and surround ourselves with life’s little pleasures.
It could be mastering the art of sour dough bread, curling up by a fire with family or snuggling in a super soft throw – whatever comfort means to you, embrace it and let it carry you through the pandemic.
1. Gardin plaid COTTON FLANNEL SHEET SET by Gracie Oaks. $122.99. wayfair.ca
2. Ribbed SATIN SCRUNCHIES $12 (set of three). simons.ca
3. Morgan mantel ELECTRIC FIREPLACE. $359. dimplex.com
4. TEXA POUF in vanilla ivory. $179. article.com
5. CRISS FOG GRAY PILLOW. $69. article.com
6. NEW WORLD SOURDOUGH: Artisan techniques for creative homemade fermented breads. $37. indigo.ca
7. Sven faux shearling THREESEATER SOFA in cream. $699. structube.com
8. ULSTA FAIR ISLE THROW. $159. crateandbarrel.ca
9. RIBBED TURTLENECK SWEATER in light beige. $34. hm.com
10. Arizona genuine SHEARLING SLIDE SANDAL in coin suede by Birkenstock. $190. birkenstock.com